How to make money on YouTube ? YouTube is currently the biggest source of fame and fortune for multi-talented artists and creatives.
YouTube’s platform is excellent because it gives creative artists and entrepreneurs a way to convert their talents into content that’s beneficial and entertaining to the online community comprising of people from across the globe.
While successful YouTubers are revelling in theirfame, and fortunes; newbie YouTubers are searching for the most direct, easy, and effective way to get quick popularity on YouTube and to start earning money from videos. YouTube’s Partner Program is the actual medium by which you can start making money on YouTube.
Unlike a few years ago, now any good YouTube account can join in on the partner program if it meets certain simple criteria as laid out by Google.
The most important of all, of course is an AdSense account that you must create for your channel to collect all your earnings. The following is a comprehensive guide on the ways and means of making money through YouTube and the steps to start it immediately.
The basic ways to earn from YouTube:
YouTube partner program:
Revenue on YouTube comes from Ads, as simple as that! If you want to make money on YouTube, then you need to partner with YouTube by allowing it to strategically place Ads in and around your video content. You earn a fraction of a cent for each each click and views. Income generation and distribution works as follows:
- YouTube partners earn anywhere starting from $0.30 to $2.50 CPM per ad that is viewed or clicked.
- The larger your YouTube popularity and depending upon the number of views and subscribers you have; this amount will vary. The highest earning You Tubers get close to or more than $10 CPM. So, this is a variable value.
- Out of the total revenue, YouTube takes 45% for itself and the rest is for you.
- Per view Ad revenue depends on several factors such as blocked ads on mobiles and whether advertising is turned on or off for the viewer. Such views do not make a single cent of ad revenue.
How to Apply for Google Adsense through YouTube
• click on you’r ‘creator studio” and then click on ‘channel’.
• Click on ‘Enable ’ button.
Now click on “get started” as shown in the below screen shot
• You will then have to go through ‘YouTube Partner Program Terms’ which essentially states that you will not upload copyrighted or offensive content and that you will not click on your own ads.
• Once you have accepted the agreement, then their will be popup now click on set up Adsense account button as seen below.
•Now select sign in button.
•Now you need to fill up the application with real name, address etc and click on submit my application button.
Google will review your account and accept you as a partner. Unlike a few years ago, the acceptance process is pretty quick and automated.You get welcome email within 1-2 business days.
UPDATE: You Need 4000 hours of watch time and 1k subscribers to get into youtube partner program.
• Congratulations! Now, you can monetize the videos on your channel.you can see $ symbol.
• The next step is to decide where you want to place ads and you can place them anywhere you like. One can have skippable or non-skippable ads, pre-roll ads, display ads, and overlay in-video ads that pop up in the middle of the video.
You can edit ads by clicking on monetization in the video if you upload more than 15 minute video you can add ad breaks.
• Do not upload videos that are abusive, racist, or sexually explicit, or copyrighted content that you have not obtained rights to broadcast. Google will take down such content and if you keep uploading such videos, you may lose your partner status.
How To Make Money on YouTube Without Adsense Partner
In this article we are going to look at the following websites as your tools in making money, so if you aren’t familiar with them, I suggest at least making an account for each as we go.
These websites include e-Products to sell, sources we will use to advertise them and help them gain exposure, as well as URL masking tools so that people aren’t aware they are earning someone a commission when they buy a product.
- Click Bank
- Max Bounty
- Google Keyword Tool
Through experience I have learned that these websites go hand in hand, cooperating and piggy-backing each other to maximize your income.
YouTube: It is a is completely free to use website, and your video (unless it violates the TOS) will be online forever, until you decide to take it down.
Posting promotional videos which advertise eBooks, Software, and other e-Products on YouTube is a great way to generate a long term stream of passive income.
All it takes is the time to upload a video, and write a description. Your video will be targeting people already curious about the product, and are searching for it, and your video will be the final “push” which convinces them to buy, and earns you an affiliate sale.
Make your own review video
Be honest, and don’t make any claims that the product can’t deliver. If they end up buying the product thinking it is better than it is, they may get a refund through Click Bank and you will not earn a commission.
Example of a click bank product review
Download a sales video off the Product homepage
If you are lucky, the sales page for the product you are linking to might just have the perfect video for you to use which you can download and use as your promotion video.
some product landing pages do NOT display, or allow you to click a “Get this Product Now!” button until you finish watching the mandatory video.
If they have already seen this video, they may be turned off by having to wait, and get frustrated that they cannot find a “Buy” button easily, which may cost you a sale. It really depends on the page, I advise you to check it out
• Click Bank & Max Bounty
Firstly, we must select an affiliate network to promote products from. As you should know by now, there are a huge selection of affiliate networks to choose to be a publisher for. The two I can recommend the most are Click Bank, and
Both are a good choice for affiliate network to promote products, for several reasons. It has its pro’s and con’s as with any other affiliate network, which are as follows:
• Easy to sign up
• Large variety of products from MANY different categories to promote
• Physical and eBook/Software products to sell
• Some products are “recurring billing” (Which is VERY important for a long term income)
• Option to use a “QR Code” as your affiliate link which may be printed out and scanned from any compatible mobile device, earning you a commission upon a sale conversion
• It is possible to contact product vendors for a FREE version of their product for review purposes
• Very high cut of any sale goes to you (most commonly 75% of the sale price)
• Easy to find reviews of most Click Bank products online
• Minimum earnings before cash-out
• First 2 payments MUST be delivered to a home address as Che ques .
• Large base of users all trying to sell from the same pool of products
I recommend making an account for both affiliates, a variety of offers is vital.
I’m sure you can come up with something that doesn’t give yourself away as an affiliate.
(I have known people to choose a username specific to a certain product, so that it looks even more legitimate in the URL bar, however this is undesirable since you would have to create a new account and username for every different product to promote)
Luckily, the Search function of Click Bank is very comprehensive, which allows us to filter their products by popularity, keyword relevance, average dollars per sale, average re bill total, average percentage of people who re bill (which means they sign up to a monthly subscription, which means you make another sale for each new month after they purchase), and product gravity.
Many people question the relevance of gravity, and there is much confusion to its definition, so I will clarify.
Google Ad words Keyword Tool
use the Google Ad words Keyword Tool to see if people are actually searching for information on this product. It will show you related keywords, and how many people search for any word or phrase each month.
Ideally, you want to see a “Low” under the competition heading, and at least a few thousand global monthly searches.
I have also found that simply pressing the space bar into the search field before clicking the search icon will reveal ALL products, which you can then filter without having to target products related to a certain keyword.
This is great for finding the very best in certain criteria, such as average re bill total
Use Fiverr.com to hire someone to make a review video for you.
This website will do the most important work for you at a very low cost of 5$ only.
I have found this to be the best technique for the following reasons:
- Privacy – You won’t have to appear on camera to give a review
- Quick – It will save you the time of editing, and creating your own video
- Easy – Someone else makes the video for you
- Cheap – For Only 5 dollars on Fiverr, it’s well worth the hassle it saves
- Legal – You will own the rights to the video you receive
- High Converting – I have had a great success in sales generated from the videos.
If you find interest in this new video creation technique, head over to Fiverr to search for review video gigs.
Go to www.ow.ly and paste in your link. Just type in the captcha code, and you are ready. You now have a nice shortened link which is cloaking your affiliate link, which is much more likely to get clicks.
Another alternative to ow.ly is bit.ly.
If you want an alternative to ow.ly, I have myself started recently using www.TinyURL.com. The beauty of TinyURL is that you can physically choose the extension of the url, so you could have your custom link set to post.
Altogether this process should only take about 1 hour to complete. The time it took you to upload one of these videos can be recreated countless times with other affiliate products.
If you build up enough videos which successfully rank on Google and YouTube and draw organic traffic, there is no limit to the amount of sales you can make per day, and hopefully soon be enough to quit your job and live off the income.
these are very easy steps which can make you a good money from youtube. Yes, you have to take the effort.
Some personal suggestions of sneaky word combo’s you might use:
display, offer, bonus, deal, half price, html, special, gif, home, index, jpeg…
I wish you the best of luck on Making Money From YouTube.