How to make money on YouTube? YouTube is currently the biggest source of fame and fortune for multi-talented artists and creatives.
YouTube’s platform is excellent because it gives creative artists and entrepreneurs a way to convert their talents into content that’s beneficial and entertaining to the online community comprising of people from across the globe.
While successful YouTubers are revelling in their fame and fortunes; newbie YouTubers are searching for the most direct, easy, and effective way to get quick popularity on YouTube and to start earning money from videos. YouTube’s Partner Program is the actual medium by which you can start making money on YouTube.
Unlike a few years ago, now any good YouTube account can join in on the partner program if it meets certain simple criteria as laid out by Google.
The most important of all, of course, is an AdSense account that you must create for your channel to collect all your earnings. The following is a comprehensive guide on the ways and means of making money through YouTube and the steps to start it immediately.
The basic ways to earn from YouTube:
Revenue on YouTube comes from Ads, as simple as that! If you want to make money on YouTube, then you need to partner with YouTube by allowing it to strategically place Ads in and around your video content. You earn a fraction of a cent for each click and views. Income generation and distribution work as follows:
- YouTube partners earn anywhere starting from $0.30 to $2.50 CPM per ad that is viewed or clicked.
- The larger your YouTube popularity and depending upon the number of views and subscribers you have; this amount will vary. The highest-earning You Tubers get close to or more than $10 CPM. So, this is a variable value.
- Out of the total revenue, YouTube takes 45% for itself and the rest is for you.
- Per view, Ad revenue depends on several factors such as blocked ads on mobiles and whether advertising is turned on or off for the viewer. Such views do not make a single cent of ad revenue.
How to Apply for Google Adsense through YouTube
• click on your ‘creator studio” and then click on ‘channel’.
• Click on ‘Enable ’ button.
Now click on “get started” as shown in the below screenshot
• You will then have to go through ‘YouTube Partner Program Terms’ which essentially states that you will not upload copyrighted or offensive content and that you will not click on your own ads.
• Once you have accepted the agreement, then there will be popup now click on set up Adsense account button as seen below.
•Now select sign-in button.
•Now you need to fill up the application with a real name, address etc and click on submit my application button.
Google will review your account and accept you as a partner. Unlike a few years ago, the acceptance process is pretty quick and automated. You get a welcome email within 1-2 business days.
UPDATE: You Need 4000 hours of watch time and 1k subscribers to get into the youtube partner program.
• Congratulations! Now, you can monetize the videos on your channel.you can see $ symbol.
• The next step is to decide where you want to place ads and you can place them anywhere you like. One can have skippable or non-skippable ads, pre-roll ads, display ads and overlay in-video ads that pop up in the middle of the video.
You can edit ads by clicking on monetization in the video if you upload more than the 15-minute video you can add ad breaks.
• Do not upload videos that are abusive, racist, or sexually explicit or copyrighted content that you have not obtained rights to broadcast. Google will take down such content and if you keep uploading such videos, you may lose your partner status.